Sad News That Gutted A Small Town Community


Today is the day a nineteen-year-old young man is going to be put to rest. His name is Carson Roney. He was the type of person who would give the shirt off his back for you. His future plans were to become a doctor, practice in our small community, and farm on the side. Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen. Last Saturday night, Carson was riding in a vehicle with two of his friends. The driver was going 70 miles an hour over a bridge. Her car hit a patch of ice, spun and hit a guardrail. Both the driver and Carson died. Our hearts are heavy with this loss. I personally didn’t know him; however, I knew he was a good person, and my heart breaks for his family and friends.




Last week the high school kids got together, wrote a message on a balloon, and then released it.

Please, you guys, be extra careful driving on an icy road. Tell your kids, friends, and family how dangerous it is. This tragic accident could have been prevented. It’s a shame and a kick in the gut to my community. I can’t imagine losing a child. In 1999 I lost my brother-in-law who I was very close to. His death was unexpected, and I’m not going to lie, I miss him every day. The loss never goes away, you just learn how to live with it.

I know this is a sad post, but I thought it was important to write. Maybe it’ll help prevent another needless death.



Happy travels to you Carson. You will be missed.

   

0 comments: